Average Salary In Vancouver Area
For Server, Banquet, Hostess, Banquette, Busser, Front Desk Agent
There is a high demand for jobs in the food and beverage or hospitality sectors in Vancouver due to the shortage of people across the province working in the tourism and hospitality industry.
Most people in this occupation are employed in the accommodation and food services industry. Jobs may be found in a variety of establishments such as hotels, restaurants, catering companies and pubs. Employment may not result in full-time work, as this occupation is commonly part-time and seasonal in nature.
Employment can often be found by attending job fairs, looking in local and regional newspapers, and searching company and employment websites.
Salary Range: 10.25 – 18.00 $ CAD
For Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager, Banquet Supervisor, Banquet Manager, Hotel Manager
Restaurant and food service managers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a restaurant, bar, cafeteria or other food or beverage service
- Determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures
- Recruit staff and oversee staff training
- Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance
- Control inventory, monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices
- Resolve customer complaints and ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies
- Negotiate arrangements with clients for catering or use of facilities for banquets or receptions.
Salary Range: 10.25 – 33.65 $ CAD per hour